St. Margaret Catholic Church
The small Roman Catholic community of St. Margaret was founded in Scotland, Connecticut in 1945 as a mission of St. Joseph Church in Willimantic. The first Mass was held on April 22, 1945, in a house on a small parcel of land in the center of town, located next to the Scotland Congregational Church.
In 1959, a new church was constructed on the site and the house was demolished to make room for the parking lot. The new church was dedicated on June 28, 1959. It was the first mission church of the newly formed Diocese of Norwich.
Today, St. Margaret retains its mission relationship with St. Joseph Church. St. Margaret has an appointed Deacon, currently Deacon Larry Goodwin, and two commissioned lay ministers, and is an active community with Religious Education and Confirmation programs, Ladies Guild, Men’s Club and Choir.
Contact Deacon Lawrence Goodwin, Jr. at 860-423-9535 for more information or to schedule appointments.
PALMER ROAD SCOTLAND CT
Hours: SUNDAY - 9 AM mass