- Town Hall
- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Assessment Appeals
- Board of Selectmen
- Library Board of Directors
- Regional District 11 Board of Education
- Scotland Elementary Board of Education
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Economic Development Commission
- Inland Wetlands Commssion
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Plan of Conservation and Development
- Scotland Recreation Committee
- Agricultural Committee
- Burn Officials
- Christian Fellowship Church
- CT State Police Danielson Troop D
- Fire Marshal
- Gov. Samuel Huntington Trust
- Hampton Regional Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Highland Herald
- Justices of the Peace
- Probate Court
- School Analysis
- Scotland Congregational Church
- Scotland Highland Festival
- Scotland Historical Society
- Scotland Volunteer Fire Department
- Scotland Volunteer Memorial Hall
- Scotland/Hampton Transfer Station
- St. Margaret Catholic Church
- Selectman's Corner
About Scotland, CT
The first settler to inhabit the southeast corner of Windham, now Scotland, was Isaac Magoon. His purchase of 1,950 acres in the year 1700 marked the beginning of the town’s history. It is likely that Magoon named the area Scotland as a means of commemorating his ancestral home Scotland, Connecticut incorporated and separated from the Town of Windham in 1857.
The residents of Scotland have chosen to live here for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the pleasant tranquil country atmosphere. It is a short distance from major cultural, educational, and entertainment centers; i.e. Harford, Boston, Providence, Eastern Connecticut University and the University of Connecticut.
Scotland, with a total population of est. 1,732 still maintains the Town Meeting form of government, allowing for direct citizen participation. Fortunately, while many New England towns have lost the village atmosphere, Scotland has not. In short, Scotland is a special place, worthy of every effort to preserve its rural environment.
The Huntington Homestead and the Waldo Homestead our historical treasures, along with many acres of State owned properties for walking, hiking and hunting.
For twenty (25) years the Scottish Highland Festival Games have been held on the grounds of the Waldo Homestead with thousands of visitors and many vendors and clans to enjoy a beautiful fall day.
Our town hall is located in the center of town and was the first consolidated school in the state.